The hair transplant procedure performed by the combined technique (FUT+FUE) is required when someone is affected by an extremely bigger grade of baldness or a patient having a weaker safe donor area. However, the possibility of the combined technique of hair restoration is confirmed in a particular situation of baldness or hair loss.
The prominence of the hair restoration technique is the best selective decision among the patients suffering from hair loss problem and the hair transplant in India gives the affordable option. As far as the cost is concerned, the hair transplant cost in India is based on the number of grafts that ranges from Rs 25-130 INR/. This cost is acceptable as the modest option and attracts patients globally.
First of all, it is important to know the method of combined technique and how is it performed to meet the aesthetic challenge. Therefore, the description is initiated with the definition of FUT+FUE hair transplant. The combined technique of hair transplant involves both the methods of extraction/harvesting of hair roots, whether it is FUT or FUE, hence offers the desired number of grafts to fulfil the hair restoration goal.
The FUT+FUE Hair Transplant:
The FUT+FUE hair transplant firstly made by the FUT method in which a linear strip is excised from the safe donor part of the scalp, i.e., the occipital & parietal part of the scalp and then the strip is sent to the dissection job. The dissection process for the graft extraction is performed under the higher magnification of microscopes such as 20X and 200X German microscopes. It gives the perfection in the graft dissection job and also helps in meeting the desired goal in terms of achieving the highest number of grafts in a single sitting. Thereafter, the FUE hair transplant is performed in which multiple punching is targeted to extract the hair roots. The dynamic punches are made one-by-one that makes the possibility of receiving 2000-2500 grafts that help in fulfilling the restoration goal of the hair transplant.
The Relevancy of the FUT+FUE Hair Transplant:
The Relevancy of the FUT+FUE Hair Transplant is jotted down below:
- When a patient is suffering from the highest Grade of Baldness: The combined method of hair transplant is performed when someone is affected by a bigger grade of baldness like the NW-V, VI, or VII. The bigger grade of baldness needs the higher number of grafts means the requirement may go up to 4500-5000. However, it is particularly recommended to perform the FUT+FUE hair transplant. The 2000-2500 grafts are extracted through the FUE hair transplant, whereas the remaining number of grafts is extracted through the FUT technique. In this way, one can get the best possible number of grafts to fulfil the expected goal of the hair transplant surgery. The combined technique of FUT+FUE hair transplant must be performed by such a surgeon who is well-versed in performing both the techniques. It is a sophisticated technique that needs an extreme artistic skill as well as the surgical understanding in order to meet the best aesthetic outcome of the procedure.
- When patients possess very weaker Donor Area: The combined technique is performed in such a particular condition when the patient is affected by a bigger grade of baldness or needs for an extremely high-density, but they do not have a strong donor area to meet the restoration criteria. However, it is important to evaluate the present grade in the context of the available donor area and then receive the surgical option with the recommended method. In such a case, the combined method acts as a boon to meet the expected number of grafts in a single session.
The Significance of FUT+FUE Hair Transplant:
- It is performed to cover the highest grade of baldness
- It is recommended to fulfil the high-density goal of the hair transplant
- It is a preferable technique when someone needs aesthetically acceptable outcome both in terms of desired density, fulfilling of a bigger of baldness despite having a weaker grade of baldness.
On the whole, we can say that the procedure of hair transplant requires a pre-planning in terms of choosing the surgeon or clinic from the part of the patient and on the other hand, it needs an extreme artistic mind and aesthetic sense to meet the desired cosmetic goal of the surgery.